Because a Healthy Smile Lasts a Lifetime!
Your teeth are an important part of your body, and keeping them clean helps keep your mouth and your body healthy. By taking care of your teeth, eating a balanced diet, and visiting the dentist regularly, you can have healthy teeth and an attractive smile throughout your entire life.
How Often Should I Visit the Dentist?
Most people find that it is valuable to have a checkup at least every six months.
What Happens When I Visit the Dentist?
At your checkup, you will receive a thorough cleaning, an oral exam, and Oral ID cancer screening by the dentist. During the oral exam, the dentist checks the health of your mouth, teeth, gums, cheeks, and tongue. At each visit, the dentist also checks old fillings and restorations because constant pressure from chewing, grinding, or clenching can cause them to wear away, chip, or crack.
But My Teeth Feel Fine!
OK, but how do they look? A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of a face. With dentistry's many advances, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped, missing, or misshapen teeth. Along with regular oral care and checkups, today's dentists offer many choices that can help you smile with confidence, including:
- Professional teeth whitening
- Fillings that mimic the appearance of natural teeth
- Tooth replacement
What Should I Look for When Choosing a Dentist?
You may wish to consider several dentists before making your decision. During your first visit, you should be able to determine if this is the right dentist for you. Consider the following:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient?
- Is the office close by and easy to get to?
- Does the office appear to be clean and orderly?
- Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
- Does the dentist explain techniques for good oral health?
- Is information about cost presented to you before treatment is scheduled?
- Is your dentist a member of the ADA (American Dental Association)?