We hope this letter finds you and your families healthy and well. We’ve missed you! Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and we are all looking forward to eventually resuming our normal habits and routines.
At the beginning of May the American Dental Association and Wisconsin Dental Association provided guidelines for dental offices to reopen in the following weeks. Eaton Dental has been working tirelessly to meet and exceed those guidelines and is now ready to gradually begin seeing patients.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and well-being.
As you may have noticed during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office will continue to adhere to the highest level of safety standards in our current times.
While working towards our commitment to safety for all, you may notice a few changes around our office. These changes include:
- We will call you prior to your appointment. During this call, you will be asked a few questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms and potential exposure. At that time, you will also receive important instructions to follow upon arrival at our office. (further details below).
- We encourage you to complete and update your paperwork prior to your appointment.
- We will let you know ahead of time what your appointment fees will be and ask you to pre-pay over the phone, via our patient portal on our website, or bring a check to your appointment for the exact fee amount.
- We ask you to kindly call us from your car when you arrive to see if your room is ready. Please do not enter the office. A staff member will come to your car and again ask screening questions regarding COVID-19. As part of our new safety protocols, your temperature will be taken at this time. Our staff member will then accompany you directly to the treatment room for your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean different time options for scheduling your appointment.
- In order to reduce the number of people inside the office, unless a care companion is needed, we will request that only the patient comes inside for their appointment
- Please wear a mask when arriving at our office and at all times other than during procedures. A mask will be provided, if needed.
The infection control procedures our office employs to keep patients and staff safe follow the recommendations put forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We monitor all updates to stay abreast of new rulings or guidelines that are issued. This ensures our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. Our staff has all been trained in these procedures and will continue the safest practices available. Due to these updated guidelines our staff will be wearing extra protective equipment including new masks and face shields. There are many more changes you may or may not notice such as increased sanitizing procedures our staff will utilize throughout the day. Additionally, Eaton Dental has added new high grade UV-C/Carbon air filtration as well as UV-C and Ozone based sterilization systems.
In these times it is critical we all manage our overall wellness to stay healthy. Eaton Dental recognizes oral health as an important part of that wellness and are committed in providing you with the best possible dental care.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. John Eaton D.D.S.